Sunday, April 17, 2005

Shopping and Tough Decisions

I've spent the last two weeks contemplating the next two years. Having secured admission into the top two management institutes in India I've had the luxury of choice.. and it's hell :) I'm not even going to begin describing the pros and cons of each, but now that i HAVE finally (drum roll please) made a decision, I'm happy.

In the words of Aristotle... (something tuchchas quote at the drop of a hat) A is A.

So now its long shopping lists and incessant queries from mom.. i'm going to miss home i know.. but i hope the next two years are also fun. Which brings me back to the last one year.. which has been fantastic.. Amazing friends, Tons of books, Parties, Coffee, CATPrep (in miniscule doses), Cram sessions on GDP's and deficits galore, writing eighty different statements of purpose and attending 7 interviews.

With a strike rate of 5/7 in interviews and 10/10 in friendships... it's been a gr8 year.. so i dedicate this post to my awesome friends who don't read this blog but who make my life super fun :)

I went to landmark after an age (age = approx six months) and two days later followed it up with a visit to the corner bookshop.. and bought
Rule of Four (Caldwell Thomson)
The book of laughter and forgetting (Milan Kundera)
Queen of my dreams (Chtira Banerjee Divakaruni)
Girl Alone (Rupa Gulab)
The Curious incident of the dog in the night time (idontremember)

and loads of mags as well.. all set for a good few weeks ahead
except that its been three days and i've finished all the magazines and two books.. Now i finally understand what my dad meant when he said "i wish you'd read a lil slower".. Am filling out vindy's meme and will post that tomorrow along with a review of a movie called mumbai xpress

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So you're going to be the newest IIM-A blogger.Should link you.

Rule of Four lovely book people say if kind of Dan Brownish but I feel in certain ways it's more intelligent and The Curious incident of the dog in the night time is one my all time favourites.
Anyways have fun.

Suze said...

wow.. didn't think of that.. in the footsteps of sidin sunny vadukut we shall follow :)

i didn't like rule of four.. thought the unnecessary philosophizing led to a rushing through of the "puzzle bit" and the book etc had no remote grounding in reality.. but as i type this i realise.. you cheated me of a blogpost. :)

Harish Narayanan said...

didnt I lend you my copy of "curious incident.."??? I vaguely remember lending it to you... but definitely worth owning. I hope you got the edition with the "all-red" cover.

Suze said...

i never borrowed books from you daahling :)

yup bought the all red cover