Saturday, April 23, 2005

Mumbai Distress

The title is a bad joke. The script of this movie is worse. I expected more out of Kamal - plain and simple. I cried through mahanadhi and laughed through panchathanthiram. I watched ninaithale innikum 8 times. Now that i've established (as harry would say) that i'm a true blue kamal fan, let me proceed to say that this movie sucks.

It has a flimsy plot based on mistake identity and situational gimmickry.. which sustains the tired cast for about 15 minutes. and then starts the pathetic script stretching exercise.. repetitive punch lines drag the climax on way beyond my patience.

in addition to an absent plot, the cinematographer seems to have been missing an eye or two. i've seen home movies that were shot better than this. [as comments would indicate, so have a lot of people] you'd think a big budget kollywood movie would've been shot better than the blair witch project (arbit comment - i haven't seen blair witch project)

My Take :

Story : MIA
Cinematography : Pathetic
Acting : tired, underutilised powerhouses
Soundtrack : was there one?

Nett Nett : waste of time and money

saving up for sachein and chandramukhi in a week.

2 comments:

Harish Narayanan said...

ok i just checked and I didn't use the word "extablish" anywhere on my blog, so I don't see how that is "my" word... (although it was my intro. I demand a retraction.

Furthermore!! Here's a line from my blog:i've seen home videos that have better picture quality than MXpress. and here's a line from your blog: i've seen home movies that were shot better than this.

is nothing sacred anymore????

Suze said...

mnt it was your intro.
it ISN't plagiarism since i DID credit your review first.

and the line you quote is hardly original dahling.. :) the movie WAS bad.. there aren't too many ways to put it.