Wednesday, May 03, 2006

NY #4 : Of Raw Fish and VBA

Today I learnt a new language. I built an Excel spreadsheet using VBA that does some nice nifty stuff at the click of a button. Yes, I'm proud of it - So?

I also had sushi for the first time ever. With chopsticks. And soya sauce and ginger. I never expected to like raw fish - but loved it! I don't know about plain raw fish or even the seaweed wraps - but sticky rice with crab meat and fish - I loved. We then caught a Broadway musical - Hairspray. It was nice and fun except for some reason the entire place was over run by teenagers.

Not kids. Kids are cute and lovable. Teenagers, especially in large numbers are overwhelming and scary. I don't remember the last time I felt as old as I did amongst those 15 year olds in my black suit and pencil heels.

8 comments:

S said...

slight doubt....if you've ever had sushi in india....does it taste anything like in NY?? :P

Tabula Rasa said...

just stumbled across your blog. nyc is the greatest place on earth -- enjoy it while you're there! insider tip: check out the nihari (only on weekends) and kababs at haandi, 28th and lex.

and caution -- sushi is addictive. try some sashimi with hot sake.

have fun!

Anonymous said...

thot u were a veggie!!!

Suze said...

anon, me? a veggie? naaaaaahhhhhhhh!

and tabula rasa, thanks for the tip - will check it out. so far my indian 'experience' has been limited to katti roll in the village :)

suraksha, no idea - first time i'm trying sushi.. any brave volunteers are welcome to try it in chennai in june..

Anonymous said...

Mystery been solved. Sagaro-suraksha-saumya-suze. And thats exactly how you came across that Kailash post.

Anonymous said...

I so know what you are talking about. Every time i enter mocha on khader nawaz khan road i get that father figure feeling., so much so i prefer to go to a more serene setting. I m only 23 and feel 40 everytime i see an 18year old...... new york sounds fun. Why dont u take a trip to Harlem? possibly with a pro-KKK tagboard around your neck.... that will certainly shorten your stay...lol..

Anonymous said...

instead of nothing ness u could have new york for the N in your profile...

Suze said...

dilbert. 23 is still old. I'm younger than THAT..

And i know the feeling @ Mocha.. The place is full of teenyboppers in pink skirts, kurtis, black fishnet teeshirts, underage smoking and 'hep'ness :)