Friday, May 12, 2006

Five Ells..

The good is rightly thought to be that at which all things aim. That was Aristotle by the way, not me. But if I asked you what you were aiming at, what would you say? Happiness? Identity?

What defines happiness?
What defines you?

Or are they answers to the same question?

All of the above, as I found myself saying earlier today, is completely irrelevant and perfectly true.

I've seen many people lose hope because they didn't get what they want. But nothing compares to the bitter disillusionment of a person who got exactly what they wanted, and then didn't know what to do with it.

Are we searching for answers without knowing the question?

Life. Love. Loss. Loneliness. And Laughter.

16 comments:

Girish said...

Loosu.

VIZAG - Youth For Equality said...

Very philosophical indeed...

Bg said...

Luck???

Suze said...

gayathri, perfect :)

Anonymous said...

Inner Peace..thats what we are searching for all the time!

Suze said...

jeremy, wouldn't mind at all. Thanks! :)

rehab, i agree!

Anonymous said...

Survival.

Anonymous said...

I think we all search for love. Am quite non-plussed by this post of yours - damn out of the blue...and what a weird change of topic? You are that girl who finds "joy" in the little things - and now boom, suddenly your readers (ahem) are hit with the bigger picture that you seem to be searching for?

I don't know what you were thinking while writing this post but a little _MORE_ context would definitely help dear.

Suze said...

a calm river may not be shallow right? :)

Rajeev, context is like a wall - or like a kindergarten teacher telling you to color within the lines. Break free of MY context and think about what it means to you, maybe it strikes a chord, and maybe you'll just think i'm nuts! :)

Unknown said...

well, i gave a shot at all five L's and i convinced myself that I was always after "Life ( Survival)" and Laughter...well...the rest keep getting in & out of my life every so often and I somehow learned to live without them. Again the context thing ...maybe i could do a little deeper.

Anonymous said...

okay.. somethings happened to you

Suze said...

skkkaaaaaa.... :) hey you! No, nothing happened to me da! am purrfectly fine

Anonymous said...

SKa... its SKa... kitni baar boloon
and are u sure u r ok?

Ravages/CC said...

I know yeggsaktly vant and also know vhat i vill do vith it...
:)

Anonymous said...

the 3rd, 4th and 5th make a ghastly trio..............nah?

Anonymous said...

great thoughts.......