Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Take the A train

Today, I left work and took the A train downtown to Fulton Street. I then took another train to Lexington avenue and walked along 23rd St until I found a grocery store. I came home and cooked Rava Upma and Mango pickle. My first proper Indian meal since getting here weeks ago. What drove me crazy was not just the endless parade of cold meat, bread and cold salad. It was the hyper expensive Indian meal I ordered of Biryani, which turned out to be plain rice with a sidebowl of an oily meat curry. (I think the idea was to mix the two together to create biryani!)

Eeeyuck!

But now I'm finally happy and full! Yay!

Ps : The title is one of the first jazz songs I heard. Got hooked onto the Duke since then.

7 comments:

Gowri Shankar said...

i hear pizzas are relatively cheaper there?
by the way
where are you working now?
dont think you have mentioned that in any of your posts!

Suze said...

Gowri - interning at Merrill Lynch in NY

Kingsley Joseph said...

Enjoy NYC.

VIZAG - Youth For Equality said...

The biryani really sounds bad 2 taste.. neways hwz life at NY, and where is ur internship??

Anonymous said...

Enjoy NYC. Cooking is the best. Njoi.

Chk out http://vviks.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Enjoy cooking & Hows ur internship experiance. A Pic from NY is Due.

Anonymous said...

this post reminds me of something that we learnt in professional ethics - when in rome, do as the romans do :)