Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Trident, Diet Coke and the Power Puff Girls

When i first started living on my own, I thought it would take a week for my room to turn into a disaster zone. Surprisingly, I've lasted the past few months without burning up anything, breaking (wel.. hardly) anything or running out of clean clothes.

The past week however is a different story. Our dorm is one of the few dorms without a pantry. So we stock our rooms with enough stuff to survive a nuclear war. I usually have abundant supplies of chocolate, chips, cola, murukku, thattai, tang, coffee, tea, biscuits et al. (Now you know the secret behind "study group meetings" in D2)

I've now run out of it all. Living on Trident sugarfree chewing gum and endless cans of diet coke. Which as anyone will tell you covers atleast three significant food groups (fats, sugars and uh.. protein?)

Finally did my laundry after a week and it starts raining. So not only am i starving, but i'm starving in a room that smells like mold.

And judging by the underside of my dressing cum pantry table, looks like mold too.

I got so excited about going home that i packed one tiny bag a few days back. If only i could find it under the heaps of clothes, plastic bags, blanket, sheets, and papers that is my room.

And the power puff girls? They're on my pencil box.

The reason behind all of this is of course, the fact that we have exams. 2 per day. In, i hope, decreasing order of intensity. It started off with OM. I managed to build a hundred houses in 28xx days, and then got hit by the last question. Just in Time.

We walked out of there nursing our wounds only to find that the ECO paper was, if possible, even tougher. I enjoyed drawing colored graphs and doing differential calculus. If only I knew a little bit more about wages and minimum rates.

This morning was the mother of all events. MANAC. After about 21 sessions, 6 quizzes, a few odd rems by our friendly neighbourhood CAs, Three AM panic calls "What do i do when the salvage value is positive, do i account for it in depreciation?", four cans of diet coke and six hours of sleep... it finally happened. For the first time in my life, a balance sheet did just that. I nearly fell off the chair :) Its not perfect, it might be wrong, a balancing sheet does not mean a thing... but i'm still thrilled by that one magic moment when the number shone on my Fx 150, matching the ones down on paper. :)

Off to HRM now. 5 exams and 2 flights away from home sweet home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have an interesting blog fount the info very usefulI i have a beach diet recipe south site. Its full of useful beach diet recipe south related stuff.
come and check it out if you get chance
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous said...

What a great blog for mediterranean diet. I am going to have to bookmark this blog for when I want to learn more about mediterranean diet.

I think anyone interested in mediterranean diet would find my site interesting and entertaining. Stop by when you have time.