Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Political Compass and 4 digits

I read this at guhan's blog and proceeded to take the test at political compass.

I'd have put me down as a free markets loving capitalist, but at twenty i guess i'm still a bit of a flower power lover. :)



Whaddya know, i'm a left - liberal. Which brings me to what i actually believe in :

      Capitalism
      Women's rights
      Gay marriages
      Abortion rights
      Good accounting standards
      Globalization with concern for human safeguards
      Social Security (as opposed to charity)
      Euthanasia

And my pet peeves

      Communism
      Facism
      Homophobia
      Male chauvinism
      Large Corporations that exploit people in the name of profits
      Videocon

Quite a few people are surprised by my avid dislike for this co. I won't let anyone at home buy anything from them. Mostly due to the chuavinistic, medieval attitude of it's CEO (venugopal dhoot). He believes that women belong in the household and can't run a business empire.

He employs some 4000 women in the factory and oh about ZILCH in management.

I believe that if enough people boycott videocon, he'll have to change his ruddy attitude.




On another note, my blog hits has crossed 1000. Yay!

And i've kept it up for longer than i would have thought.
As the great Cato wouldn've said : Nunc est bibendum ( and now we drink )

No comments: