Monday, December 19, 2005

Everybody's Homesick

It's not just me.

Last week, I was talking about all the things I miss about being at home. Now for those of you who are not engineers, the final year of engineering is, in one word, timepass. All the extra currics are organized by 3rd yr students. The workload is light simply because most students are very busy applying to schools in the US for their post graduate programs. For those of us who are not, its literally 7-8 months of total 'vetti'ness.

I remember endless days spent at Anokhi, Amethyst or the Beach. We'd spend hours just chatting about the most mundane things, throw sand/water at each other on the beach, go for drives, go for CAT class and spend more time at Gangotree across the road etc etc.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who's nostalgic and misses home. So does my friend mahathi

6 comments:

Ganesh APP said...

Well its no longer the final year. This time all the sems are a time pass. When you get to write 7 exams in a span of 2 months...everyone is totally vetti.

Suze said...

sagaro, i think this time the exams are so widespread is cos of the rains..

I remember in my first semester at svce, we had 6 exams continuously over one week!!

Ganesh APP said...

And thats pretty good. It gets over by a week and you are off to do what you like. But yes, I wouldnt mind a alternate day exam instead of continuously.

akshay said...

hmm.. final year. for us the typical college day (when we went) constituted of poker through the morning and volley ball through the afternoons. two days a week. The rest of the time was spent in pretending to do a project. And ofcourse anokhi, amethyst et al..

Suze said...

hm.. lets see our final year - two days a week, get to college and sit in the grounds..

and the other three days work very seriously on our project :)))

i think therefore i am said...

so it wasnt just me.. :-)