Monday, May 07, 2007

Of Random Conversations

Between my sister and I this afternoon :

She : If you could be any animal, what would you be?
Me : I don't know.. I'm sleeping!

She : Ok, if I could be any animal.. what do you see me as?
Me : Leave me alone.. Ok.. a .. Cat!

She : But I don't like cats.. Waitaminnnitt.. YOU don't like Cats! :(

I tried telling her about Henry James, who once said "Cats and Monkeys, Monkeys and Cats - all human life is there". She was not pleased!

Which reminded me of another James quotation, one of my all time favorites -

"We work in the dark - we do what we can - we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art. "

1 comment:

Kaushik said...

The thin line between madness and creativity - that's the springboard you hang on to, till one day - you let go.

And you're free....
Free falling.