Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hand Tattoos and Head Scratching

I have this habit of writing down what I need to do on neat little lists. Somehow the act of making the list makes me feel I am in control, when more often than not - I am not. It also helps me feel that I'm doing something productive when more often than not, I am not.

So now I have a neat list of 200 odd Post its (with more soft copies on my desktop) and too much stuff to do. What I've learnt in two terms is that backlogs somehow never get cleared.

In a grand bid to save the earth, I've started writing these to do lists on the side of my hand. Combine this with my new resolve to conserve water, and my hand looks like a warzone. With QM assignments competing for skinspace with READ OM!! Do Laundry Today! and Submit MKT!

I know I haven't blogged in a while, but have been trying to read, writing a bit and pondering a lot on the meaning of life and why towels get dirty.

Saw Chapter Two last week in chennai. The play was great, with awesome performances. I especially loved Karuna's role. Perhaps it moved a tad slowly, but typical Neil Simon and hence forgiven.

Additionally I ran into a whole bunch of juniors from college, including one who slandered my good name post play. My sister pointed out last evening that this turned to libel when he posted about it too. Its a mighty small world after all.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just like you. I make neat lists and tick them when I am done with the particular chore and post-its flutter like flags at my workstation. But in my case it is to make me look like an expert in multitasking (read prone to forget if not reminded) :))

Hariharan said...

Hey ...

Really nice Blog ... I especially like your really descriptive style and wonderful choice of words ... Keep bloggin .. I will be tracking it !! :-)

Actually I got your to know of your blog from one of the "bunch of juniors from college" - sanosuki sagaro - that you refered in your blog ... And you are right ... Its a mighty small world after all .. you can also have a look at his "libel" at - http://sagaro.blogspot.com/2006/01/confessions-at-130-am.html

I actually don't know him ... His blog is also in the list of the blogs that religiously follow everyday on my personalised google screen ... And it is also an interesting blog with a very different template ...

Regards,
Hariharan

Visit my Blog @ http://know-hari.blogspot.com/

Ramasubramaniam Srinivasan said...

Hi Suze,

Writing the to do lists on the side of your hand...reminds me of Ghajni Surya :))

Add replying to my comment in your to do list...:)

Ram

antickpix said...

Hi,

Wandered here from said slanderer's blog.

I think writing on one's palm/back of hand has morphed into a fashion statement, thanks to Chris Martin of Coldplay and a couple of other conscientous punk rockers.

HaRi pRaSaD said...

Hmmm. You got style as well as substance.Good.Keep rocking.

Suze said...

silverline, i know the feeling.. makes you feel so productive! :)

hari, yes i read it.. its all untrue!!

Ram, here we go.. am replying! Ghajini's more tattoos isn't it - this is more inyourfacedoitnow types!

Antickpix, fashion statement - that's an interesting theory.. somehow 'Book Tickets' and 'OM ASST DUE' aren't really haute couture are they..

Enigma - thanks a ton! :)

Ganesh APP said...

I am speechless. Well Kailash himself told you how you embarrassed him by not replying to his HI. Well you might not have seen him. But we all thought you saw him and didnt acknowledge his presence.

How am I supposed to know, what was going on with you. As a by stander its my view. I am sorry, if I have cauzed some serious defamation.

Suze said...

ha sagaro.. you come here to confess.. so you admit that eventually i DID see him (but forgot to write about THAT)

and you recall our later conversation when i clarified that i hadn't seen him.. aha again!

this is how the Sun is born :))

*no offence taken btw*

Ganesh APP said...

well, there is not much of confession. Yes I forgot to append the conversation bit to the post... :p

Good u didnt get offended, else I would have had to sit the whole day with an oxford dictionary trying to figure out ur remarks meant...

Ravages/CC said...

yeah! Saw Chapter two too, first day. liked it immensely.

antickpix said...

it will be soon, once worn by the right people and seen in the right places..

Suze said...

:) sure antickpix..

ravages, ya it was nice wasn't it?
loved it. also loved being back home and running into friends etc.

Laks said...

mebe u shud take a pic of urself with all those tatoos n send it to the club.. we'd all like to take a look and post in our comments :P